RocketForms integrates with ActiveCampaign, allowing you to push leads right into your CRM so you can automate follow-up.
To get started, you'll need an ActiveCampaign account.
Step 1: Add your ActiveCampaign API key, Host URL, & List ID
- Go to your Dashboard > Lead Delivery
- Scroll down to Email Services & CRMs and turn the ActiveCampaign switch to the On position.
- Add your ActiveCampaign Host URL, ActiveCampaign API, and Active Campaign List ID
- Click Save
How to find your Active Campaign Host ID and API Key
Login to Active Campaign > go to settings > then go to Developer. Copy the URL and key like in the example below:
How to find your Active Campaign List ID
Inside of your Active Campaign account go to:
- Open the list that you want to push your leads into (or create a new one)
- Look in the address bar. for a parameter called listid= (this is your list id)
- In the screenshot below the list ID would be 2. So you would copy "2" (it will be different for you) and paste it into the RocketForms Dashboard.
Step 2: Identify the steps/responses that you want to send to ActiveCampaign and add the field names
Now that your RocketForm is integrated with ActiveCampaign, the next step is to identify which steps you want to push into your ActiveCampaign list.
1) You don't need to push every step and response into ActiveCampaign. This is completely up to you.
2) Responses will not appear in your ActiveCampaign List unless you add a field name to the RocketForm steps.
3) Active Campaign provides a number of custom fields like first name, last name, email, and phone. If you want to push any other type of custom response into your ActiveCampaign list then you'll need to create a custom field inside of active campaign.
4) When adding email, first name, last name, or phone they must be added like this:
- email (all lower case)
*ALL OF THIS FIELDS MUST BE ADDED EXACTLY LIKE ABOVE, OR THEY WILL NOT WORK.
All other custom fields should be added in ALL CAPS****************
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ***FULL NAME***
ActiveCampaign does not offer a full name field. To get around this, we recommend creating two separate fields inside of your form. One field for first and and one field for last name. If you try to use the full name field inside of RocketForms then it may not work properly.
If the custom field inside of ActiveCampaign has multiple words, then when adding it to your form you'll need to include a "_" . For example %%HOW SOON%% in ActiveCampaign must be added as HOW_SOON inside of RocketForms.
To Add an ActiveCampaign field to Form (we'll cover how to do this in a response next)
- Go to your Dashboard > Steps
- Select the step that you want to push into ActiveCampaign. In this example, I selected the Contact Form
- Once the step is selected go the Form Fields section of your account > then edit the field that you want to add to ActiveCampaign
- Scroll down to the ActiveCampaign setting and flip the switch to the On position
- Add your ActiveCampaign field. In this case the field is email. When adding the field, you'll want to add it exactly like in the example below. It should be lower case and should not include the %.
- Click Save
- Repeat for any other form field (if you're adding any fields that are NOT first name, last name, email, or phone then you'll need to create a custom field inside of your ActiveCampaign account)
Adding ActiveCampaign fields for step responses that are not form fields is a bit different. Follow the steps below to add ActiveCampaign for steps.
To Add an ActiveCampaign field to Question Step Response
- Go to Steps
- Open the step that you want to add to ActiveCampaign and scroll down to Advanced Options > Then turn ActiveCampaign On
- Add your ActiveCampaign custom field name. When adding the field name do not include the %% %% symbols and add the field name in all caps like the example below.
*Important Note* - if the field name is not added inside of your ActiveCampaign account then the data will not push into ActiveCampaign.
- Save the step
- Repeat for any Question step response
Creating Custom Fields Inside of ActiveCampaign
Active Campaign gives you the following custom fields:
- email (all lower case)
Meaning that any form field or response that is not one of the above needs to be added to Active Campaign as a custom field.
For example, if you're asking someone how soon they would like you to start work, then you'll need to add a custom field called "how soon" inside of your ActiveCampaign account.
If the custom field has multiple words then when adding it to your form you'll need to include a "_" . For example %%HOW SOON%% in ActiveCampaign must be added as HOW_SOON inside of RocketForms.
Another example: If you'd like to capture full name instead of first name, then you'll need to add a full name custom field.
To add custom fields to ActiveCampaign:
- Log into your ActiveCampaign account
- Go to Lists > Manage Fields
- This will take you to a fields page which will display all of the fields in your account
- Let's say that we want to add Zip Code. We'd simply click "Add Field" then add Zip code as a field name.
- After you click "Add" it will be added to your custom field list
- If you have a zip code step, then you could then add ZIPCODE inside of your form.
If you run into any issues or need help getting this all setup simply reach out to us and we'll gladly assist you.