Read the documentation below to see how to connect RocketForms to Mailchimp.
Step 1: Turn on the Mailchimp Integration
Inside of your RocketForms Builder, Go to Lead Delivery
- Scroll down to the Email Service & CRM Section
- Flip the Mailchimp Integration Switch to the "On" position
Step 2: Add your MailChimp API Key
- Sign into your Mailchimp Account
- If you don't already have an API key setup, then you'll need to create a key. To create an API key in Mailchimp go here: https://us10.admin.mailchimp.com/account/api/
- Once on the API Key Page, click "Create a Key"
- Copy your API Key
- Go back to RocketForms and paste your API Key into the first field, like in the image below and click Save.
Step 3: Add your List ID (now Audience ID)
Important Note: The List ID is now called Audience ID inside of Mailchimp:
- Inside of Mailchip, go to the List/Audience that you'd like to send the leads to
- Then go to Settings and Locate your Audience ID
- Pate your Audience ID into your RocketForms account -- in the second field like in the image below:
- Click Save
Step 4: Tell RocketForms Which Fields to Push Into Mailchimp
Now that you have connected Mailchiimp to your RocketForms, the next step is to tell RocketForms which fields/steps to push to your Mailchimp List/Audience.
You can push every single step and field, or you can pick and choose which fields/steps you want to send.
One important note is that you'll have ensure that your fields and steps exist as Merge Tags inside of your account. Mailchimp comes with the following Merge Fields setup right out of the box:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
Any other field that's not one of the above, will need to be setup as a Merge Tag inside of Mailchimp for the integration to work.
Configuring Form Fields
Follow the steps below to send form fields to Mailchimp:
- Inside of your RocketForms Builder, go to Steps
- Click on a Step that you want to send to Mailchimp. Let's say that it's the Contact Form
- Upon clicking on "Contact Form" the steps with the fields should open on the left hand side of the screen.
- Click into one of the form fields. For example, let's open the email Email field:
- When open, scroll down to the integrations area and flip the Mailchimp switch to the on position.
- Now add the field name. Since this is the email field, we're going to add "email" into the field. Then click the Save Form Field button below.
- Repeat the process for any other fields that you'd like to push to Mailchimp
In addition to form fields, you can also push steps responses into Mailchimp. For example, if you're building an insurance form and you're asking someone why they're looking for insurance, then you can capture one of the responses and push it into Mailchimp.
In this example, we're going to push one of the three potential responses from the form below into Mailchimp
- First, insure that the field is set as a custom merge tag inside of Mailchimp.
Since this is not a default Mailchimp merge tag, I had to go into my Mailchimp account and create a custom merge tag, which I named "Why"
- Now that the merge tag is created, we can go back to the form inside of RocketForms and click on the step that we want to push into Mailchimp. You need to click on the step in-order to access the Mailchimp field name.
- Once opened scroll down to "Advanced Options" and flip the Mailchimp Switch to the "on" position.
- Next, add the Merge Tag from Mailchimp. In this case, it's "WHY" (in all caps)
- Then scroll up and Click "Save"
- Repeat for any other step that you want to add.
That's it! Give your form a test on your live site and you should see all of the fields push into Mailchimp. From there, you can fire out automated responses from your Mailchimp account and start segmenting your lists.
If you need help, or run into any issues feel free to reach out.